October 23, 2007

All vipers in flight.. New Caprica deeLIGHT...

For those that don't know, I'm a huge soundtrack geek. And today is a milestone day in soundtrack land, because Battlestar Galactica season 3 just hit store shelves. I've been listening to it all day, and let me tell ya, it's easily one of my favorite soundtracks of all time -- right up there with the season 2 soundtrack. And Howard Shore's The Lord of the Rings. And Basil Poledouris' Conan the Barbarian. And.. I'd better stop right there. Next thing I know, I'll be spending an hour going through my CDs trying to figure out which ones are my favorites. This is a topic I could spend way too much time on.

Anyway, so yeah, I give the Battlestar season 3 soundtrack the highest possible recommendation. Battlestar's score continues to be emotional, powerful, epic, daring - and it grows and evolves, like the show itself. I must admit, I'm not a big fan of the "Watchtower" thing (track 21)... But, the rest of it, tracks 1 thru 20 = sweeping and beautiful all the way through.

I want to give McCreary bear hugs. (If you got that, then you are AWESOME.) ;P

Bring on season 4!!!