November 25, 2007

The Mist



Tonight I went and saw Stephen King's The Mist, and I LOVED it. I walked out of the theater with my jaw hanging open, thinking, "I can't wait to buy that on DVD."

I like horror movies that feel like creepy Twilight Zone episodes.. ones that send a chill down your spine and stretch your imagination. The Mist fits the bill. It's totally up there with my favorites, movies like John Carpenter's The Thing and the 2004 remake of Dawn of the Dead. Survival horror that actually makes you stop to wonder what you would do if you were faced with the same situations.

Anyway, I don't wanna say too much about The Mist, because I don't want to spoil anything. Just go check it out for yourself. It's definitely one you'll want to see on the big screen. Preferably before people ruin the ending for you. :)
And please, parents... Don't be stupid. Get a babysitter and leave the children at home.. It's rated R for a reason.

5 out of 5