November 8, 2007

The weather's gettin' cold, but things are heatin' up!

How's that for a cheesy title line? ;P

So I'm gettin' ready for another busy winter. Thought I'd share what's on my plate for the next few months, excluding all the personal commissions -- I'll be working on those in my "off hours," whenever I can find breaks between the stuff listed below. I'm also planning on taking LOTS of time - hopefully in December and January - to work on my Wolves of Odin book. This is another reason I'm stressing the 3 month turn-around time on personal commissions. I need to make time for my book.

Anyway, looks like I'll be a Topps slave during these next few months (I love you, Topps). As I've already mentioned, I'm doing artwork for The Lord of the Rings: Masterpieces II set. My base card art is done, but I still have a mountain of sketch cards on the way. I'm also signing on for the Indiana Jones: Heritage set! Not sure how many sketch cards I'll be doing for that one, probably in the neighborhood of 100 to 200. And Topps has asked me (ie. begged me and threatened me with violence.. I'm joking) to take on more sketch cards for Heroes.. NBC ended up turning away so many artists for that set that now Topps is in desperate need of more sketches to meet their order numbers, so I've agreed to help out. Not sure how many extra I'll be doing yet, but probably a bunch.. Turns out I kinda need the money. (I hate to sound like it's all about the money, but I have bills like anyone else.)

So first up will be Heroes, then LOTR, then Indy. Or at least I think that's the order I'll have to tackle them in. In any case, those mixed in with commissions and "Wolves" will equal a pretty packed holiday for me. As always, thanks to everyone for their support -- thanks for all the nice comments here on my site. I'll be back soon with more art, updates, all that good stuff.

Oh, and here's a sneak peek at the packaging for the new LOTR cards.. purdee kewl. :)