January 25, 2008

Commission News & PSC News



My workload's reaching critical mass again. Lots of commissions lined up, lots of projects to finish in the next couple months... I dare not add anything new to the list.. not until I catch up a bit, and get a little further on my Wolves of Odin book. So until further notice, I'm not taking any new commission or personal sketch card (PSC) orders. Sorry, folks!

Fortunately, I do have some good news.. at least for those of you that like PSCs. :) It's getting to be that time of year when us artists have to start mailing our checks to pay for our convention tables, airfare, signage, prints, promos, etc. (this is why you hear a lot of artists - such as myself - talking about how they hope to "break even" at shows). In light of this, I've decided to do another day-long PSC Bonanza!

Mark your calendars --
Saturday, February 2nd.
Probably from around 10am (Central U.S. time) to midnight, or later. Depends on how long I can stay conscious from the Prismacolor fumes. ;P

For those of you that missed the first PSC Bonanza, it basically worked like this: I spend all day creating original full-color PSCs, and then slap 'em online as $30 "Buy It Nows" - usually in batches of 2 or 4 at a time. They're all first come, first serve. I spread it out this way so that everyone has a fair chance to grab one -- I don't want any timezone to feel left out.

Character requests won't be allowed. It wouldn't be fair to the people who are on my commission list and waiting patiently for their custom-ordered cards. So I'll be choosing the characters. It'll be a random mix -- Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Marvel, DC, Harry Potter, Lost, BSG, Indy, etc. -- all the usual favorites.

So there you have it -- If you want some fast Grant art action, next Saturday is a day you won't want to miss. Grab a giant Sharpie and write "GrantGould.com" on your calendars. Or tell a friend. Or many friends. All proceeds will go to the Conventions Are Expensive fund.