January 30, 2008

Y: The Last Issue (no spoilers)



The final issue of 'Y: The Last Man' came out today. I've been dreading this issue.. partly because I knew it would turn me into an emotional wreck, and partly because I was afraid it would be disappointing. I mean, the series has been so good.. how could the big finale possibly live up to expectations?

I've been debating whether I should admit this or not (I'm a man!! I ain't no wussy!!), but the simple fact is, this book brought me to tears. And it hit me on a deeper level than any single issue I've ever read. It was the most perfect, epic, heartbreaking, and beautiful finale I could've wanted.

There isn't much more to say than that.

Yorick, Ampersand, Agent 355, and all the others -- You will be greatly missed. Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra -- I thank you for re-energizing my love for comics.