April 6, 2008

Back from the card expo



The Nonsport Card Expo was fun.. A nice, mellow way to kick off the convention season. Paul, if you're reading this, thanks for everything! It was great seeing many friendly, familiar faces -- And a special fanboy thanks to HippieJewel and her husband for hookin' me up with some Battlestar goodness, since Holiday Inn hates me and doesn't carry Sci Fi channel.. (The season 4 premiere was amazing, as expected. If you haven't seen it yet, you can head over to Hulu and see it right now.) :)

BIG THANK YOU to everyone that stopped by and bought stuff from me. Also had a fantastic time hanging out with and talking to the other artists: Mark McHaley, Uko Smith, Cynthia Cummens, Charles Raymond, Neil Fitzpatrick, Randy Siplon, and Jeff Clark. Thanks for the good show, everyone -- Jess and I look forward to the Fall Expo.

I took photos of maybe a dozen of the sketches I did, but for some reason most of them aren't on the camera now.. :( I don't know what happened there.. either they were accidentally deleted or the memory card crapped out somehow.. Anyway, here are the ones I have -

Boba:

NFL Superpro:

Claire from Heroes:

Nathan from Heroes:


Saturday after the show, some of us went out for food. It turned out to be kind of a weird thing - I don't know the exact details, but it had something to do with MapQuest sucking, and people getting wrong directions and not being able to meet up with us because no one had their cell numbers. Thankfully a few of us followed each other's cars and managed not to get too lost.. Bleh.. Kind of a headache. So we felt bad that half our group was M.I.A. - hopefully they all managed to get home and not spend too much time driving around. Chris felt terrible (and promises to make up for it with the Scoundrel Wizard World BBQ, heh).. Anyway, so we ate and chatted - then we hopped in the car and spent 6 or 7 hours driving home. And now I'm tired and don't want to unpack and am being lazy. But I'll be back in hermity artist mode tomorrow.


L to R: Jess, me, Chris ("Marleyeds"), wonder duo Ian and Cynthia, and Uko.

So, yeah.. this week will be all about working on commissions and getting sketchbooks mailed out. I know a few of you have been patiently waiting for your stuff and I owe you some artwork and/or emails ASAP -- You should be hearing from me very soon.

Thanks, everyone -- I'll be back with more stuff in a day or two.