May 18, 2008

Chris Scalf Speedpaint Video



I don't know Chris Scalf - I just randomly found this video on YouTube and thought it was pretty amazing and worth posting. It's hard for me to compare it to my own style, because I have a completely different method (I do the drawing on paper, scan it in, then use a mouse to color in Photoshop - I know, I'm living in the dark ages). But, yeah, watching other artists in action is really inspiring. Someday I should figure out how to do these screen capture video thingees so I can upload one of my own..

Two quick unrelated notes:

1) I wanted to mention that I'll be taking a week off at the end of this month.. A much-needed mental vacation from sketch cards and commissions and everything else. So if you email me around that time, I might be a little slow in getting back to you. I'll be busy riding grizzly bears and roasting marshmallows.

2) If any of you are going to Wizard World Chicago next month and want to pre-order a custom sketch from me, contact me about it now ( grantgoboom@gmail.com ). Tell me what you're interested in, I'll get back to you with a price, and then you can Paypal me, and I'll have the art ready to pick up at my table. I'm afraid I have to insist that people pay up front for the pre-orders.. I got burned last year on a couple pieces that were pre-ordered and then never picked up.

I'll be back soon with some new art. Thanks, folks!