July 27, 2008

Big Awesome Star Wars News

I come to you from the Land of Perfect Weather. It's my last night here in San Diego, I'm in the hotel room. Haven't been online since I left home - haven't checked any emails yet. Just wanted to share my big news -- they officially announced it yesterday at the Clone Wars books & publications panel. I'm one of four artists that have been hired by Lucasfilm to illustrate the upcoming Clone Wars online comic for StarWars.com (the other three artists are Tom Hodges, Katie Cook, and Jeff Carlisle). The comic will accompany the TV series, and will be on an ongoing weekly basis. I'm not sure how much info they want revealed right now, so I'll leave it at that. Needless to say, I'm really excited and it's an honor to be onboard. :) More details to come!

Comic-Con has been freakin' amazing... After I get home and sleep for about a thousand hours, I'll post some kind of con report and photos and talk about my celebrity encounters and all that good stuff. Must pull an all-nighter right now and finish sketches. I'm surrounded by snoring roomies. Good times.