July 31, 2008

The X Files: I Want to Believe

I thought the movie was disappointingly average. The storyline's boring. With all the endless story possibilities for an X Files movie, I think they could've done MUCH better. I mean, c'mon, give us some supernatural beasties. That's what we all wanna see. (Well, it's what I wanna see.)

Also, I can't see David Duchovny as Fox Mulder anymore. When I see him now, he's Hank Moody from "Californication" (which is a great show and I love him in it). It feels like too much time has passed and the Mulder/Scully relationship is just recycled and I don't care about them anymore.

Things I did enjoy: Amanda Peet, who plays one of the FBI agents. I have a massive crush on her. And it was good to see Callum Keith Rennie ("Leoben" on BSG) get a good meaty role. AND I loved the soundtrack. Very chill and atmospheric.