August 18, 2008

Brain Food

I know this is kind of a random post, but I thought these videos were inspirational and worth sharing.

This first link is Robert Kirkman (of "Walking Dead" and "Invincible" fame) talking about the state of comics, and how creator-owned books can save the industry. Click here to watch the video.

There are very few comic writers out there that I actively follow and admire right now, and Kirkman's one of 'em. I have a great deal of respect for his opinions and easy-going, down-to-earth attitude.

This next one is J.K. Rowling's 2008 Harvard Commencement Speech. She's frickin' amazing and adorable, and this video definitely gave me a few goosebumps and made me think about life in general. Everyone should check it out:

Click here for part 1 of 3
Click here for part 2 of 3
Click here for part 3 of 3