November 30, 2008

Aaalliiive!!!!



A BoF doodle for my pal Nicole.

So yeah, things have been rollercoastery lately. Not just working on commissions and Clone Wars, but also dealing with other things.. Just a crazy time. Thanks again to everyone that's been patient and supportive.

Before I go, I wanna mention two movies I recently watched on DVD, because I think they're both EXCELLENT.

The Zombie Diaries:
I was really blown away by this movie and I think it's one of the best zombie movies ever made. It's probably my second favorite, next to the '04 remake of Dawn. It's shot documentary camcorder style, and has a great slow build, so that by the time you're at the last frame, you're left with your jaw hanging open (it doesn't end the way you think it will). And I have to give them props for using slow-moving zombies. Not that I hate the fast-moving ones.. It's just nice to see a return to the old school. :) If you're a horror fan (and over 18), definitely see this. And be careful not to confuse it with that piece of crap Diary of the Dead (the George Romero one). I wish they hadn't given them such similar titles.



Kung Fu Panda:
I figured I would enjoy this movie, but I didn't expect to LOVE it as much as I did... After renting it, I actually went out and bought the movie and watched it again (and I very rarely buy DVDs anymore... this was one I just had to own). I think it's got more charm and humor and visual awesomeness than any other animated flick in recent memory. Don't get me wrong - I enjoyed WALL-E. But I enjoyed Panda even more. The action sequences in the second half of the movie = amazing. My only regret is that I didn't drag my butt to the theater to see it on the big screen when it first came out!



Okay, I promise.. No more movie reviews.. for awhile.. :P

Art art art.