November 1, 2008

Star Wars Galaxy: Series 4



As some of you probably saw over on StarWars.com, Topps is bringing back the fan-favorite trading card series Star Wars Galaxy! What makes the Galaxy sets so cool is that they're all about the artwork -- concept art, brand-new commissioned pieces, etc.

The last Galaxy set (series 3) was released over 13 years ago, so this has been a long time coming, and I'm really excited to be a part of it. Ever since I started working with Topps, I've been anxiously awaiting the return of SW Galaxy.

So I'll be doing one hundred sketch cards for series 4 (featuring the widest variety of Star Wars characters I've ever drawn for one card set), as well as one of the newly-commissioned base-set cards. Topps has given me permission to show my prelim sketch for it:



I'll keep you updated with more info as it rolls out. The set is currently scheduled for a February '09 street date.