April 3, 2009

Let's talk some Star Wars

Here it is -- the kids' activity book that I've been working on -- Draw Star Wars: The Clone Wars! It's written by the editors of Klutz and Lucasfilm's Bonnie Burton, and is a 94-page "learn how to draw Clone Wars characters" guide for ages 4-8. I really like how they've designed it. It's set up with in-book sheets where kids can trace over images, learn how to construct the basic shapes that form each character, etc. And I gotta say, it's been a pretty unique experience for me. Instead of drawing really detailed images, I've had to kind of step in the other direction and draw stuff that's simple for little kids to re-create and understand. It's very weird to get messages from editors that say, "You need to redraw this image - you made it look too good." Hah :) But I'm excited for it to come out. I think it'll be a lot of fun, especially for the younger crowd. And it's a thrill to be working on a project with Bonnie.

According to the Amazon link, the release date is September 1st, so I'll post more about it later and keep you all informed.

I also wanted to let everyone know that I am now a confirmed guest for Star Wars Fan Days III in Texas -- I believe the days are October 24th and 25th. So I'm really looking forward to that. Click here to check out their website. They'll be adding more guests over the next few months, so keep it bookmarked.