August 11, 2009

Some of the sketches I did @ Chicago Comic-Con



This guy had me do two similar headshots of Abe Sapien and had one of them signed by Doug Jones, who was a guest at the show - and he actually gave the other one to Doug as a gift. Pretty cool. :) (Hopefully he'll send me a photo of Doug holding the art.)



Lots of Clone Wars requests...













A lot of artists seem to be using colored paper to sketch on these days, so I thought I'd try it out. I enjoyed it a lot! I think I'll be doing it more often. Gives people a fun option - instead of plain white stock they can get something like this Yoda. Makes it pop a little more being able to add white pencil lines.





Black Canary (in the style of my old con banner):



Power Girl (I had several requests for Power Girl.. which is strange, because I don't think I'd ever drawn her before this show):



This is a creator-owned character. I think her name is "Diamond."



And finally some Zatanna:



There were a lot more sketches, but I either forgot to take photos of them, or the photos turned out blurry (which happens more than you'd think - I get shaky camera hands). Anyway, thank you to everyone that came out to the show and bought some sketches and prints!! AND thank you to everyone that picked up "Wolves of Odin!" :)