November 23, 2009

Star Wars Galaxy: Series 5



Series 4 was a massive hit, so it comes as no surprise that the next Star Wars Galaxy set is already on its way! Scheduled for release in February, this new set will feature tons of new base card artwork, lots of great sketch cards, and everything else you've come to love about Star Wars trading cards.

I'm proud to announce that I'll have THREE cards in the base set -- Two of them are brand new commissioned pieces of art featuring Clone Wars characters :) (I can't show them yet - but hopefully soon), and the third card features my 'A New Hope' print artwork from 2007's Celebration IV. Plus I'll be drawing 200 sketch cards. And I gotta tell ya, the Galaxy sets are THE best sets for sketch cards, because we can draw characters from ALL corners and eras of the Star Wars universe. Nothing's off limits. (Except maybe the Holiday Special.) :P

If you'd like to see larger images of the promo sheet, here's some linkage for ya:
Front
Back

It's gonna be an exciting set -- I'm looking forward to showing my work for it, and to see everyone else's. A lot of my fellow artists whom I've had the pleasure of working with and becoming friends with are also heavily involved with Galaxy 5, so it'll be cool. I'll keep you posted with more info as we get closer to the 2010 release!