December 4, 2009

New Clone Wars Webcomic Pages



My latest batch of pages are now online at starwars.com/clonewars/comic, continuing the new story featuring Tyzen and Ganch and Keelyvine (luvs me some Keelyvine).

I did something a little different this time around -- I skipped the inking stage.

1) I started with super-loose blue pencils,

2) then did tight red pencils over that,

3) then scanned the pages into Photoshop and got rid of the blue lines,

4) then turned it all to greyscale mode and darkened the lines,

5) and then just digitally colored on top of that.

It's something I've wanted to try doing for awhile, since inking is generally my least favorite step in the whole process. So I'm curious to know what you all think. Do you like the "inkless" look, or do you prefer my usual inked pages... or do you like 'em both?

I'm also curious to know what you all think of the new webcomic in general so far. Do you like the new characters? Which one's your favorite? What are you hoping to see more of, or less of? There's a thread going at the TFN forums, too, focused on the webcomics - here's a link. If you dig the webcomics, please head over there and voice your opinions. We want to hear from ya! :)