February 3, 2010

Misc. Update

I'm gonna try my best not to make this a "woe is me" type of update, because nobody wants to hear that. You come here for nerdy art goodness!! :)

Anyway, here's what's new in Grant World:

I had to take on a second job -- a part time warehouse job. So that's obviously going to take away from some of my freelance time. Hopefully it won't make too huge of an impact.

I'm seriously backed-up on emails. Trying my best to respond to a few each day.

A lot of people have been emailing me about 2010 sketchbooks and my "Wolves of Odin" webcomic. The first round of sketchbooks (ie. the ones ordered in January) have been printed and are on their way to me. I couldn't afford to have them rush-delivered, so I'm at the mercy of USPS Ground. They should be at my door any day now - as soon as I have 'em, I'll start sending them off. As for the WoO webcomic, well, don't hold your breath -- I'm putting it on hold. I need to focus on other things right now. Maybe/hopefully I'll get back to WoO later this year, and can shoot for a printed Book Two in 2011. We'll have to see how this year plays out.

So, yeah... February is going to have to be about me trying to re-organize, de-stress, and just try to get my life back in order. And that includes catching up on commissions, as always. I haven't forgotten about any of you.

Also: I've added my 2010 Convention Schedule to the right side of my website. (Star Wars Celebration isn't 100% set in stone, as I haven't received an official invite yet - but I'm hoping to be there.). As you can see, my first show of the year will be April's new Chicago convention C2E2.

Thanks for stickin' with me, everyone. It's been a tough few months and I can't really blame anyone but myself for not being able to stay on top of things. Hopefully Grant World will be a sunnier, happier place in the very near future.