September 21, 2010

Commissions

UPDATE: My commission list may be full. Please shoot me an email at grantgoboom@gmail.com to see if I have any spots open currently before sending payment. Also, please be aware that my commission prices change over time -- the info listed below was for 2010. Thanks!



Single-Character Digitally-Colored Pieces

$250 (or headshot/bust: $150)

When you get a digitally-colored commission piece, you will receive an 11"x17" original drawing (pencil and ink) as well as a high-resolution JPEG/PDF of the final colored image and a full-color 11"x17" print of the final colored image on sturdy cardstock. In addition to fan art suitable for framing, my digitally-colored commissions are ideal for if you're looking to have me do a book cover for you, a comic cover, pin-up, game art, etc. It's also a great option for those of you who like to frame original pieces side-by-side with the final colored piece. With digital colors, I can really add in some cool effects and flex my creative muscles. I have also tinkered with doing more Photorealistic styles in Photoshop (as you can see here). If that's something you'd be interested in, as opposed to my usual cartoony style, let me know and I can give you more details.



Single-Character Ink/Marker Pieces

8.5"x11" COLOR: $150 (or headshot/bust: $75)
11"x17" COLOR: $300 (or headshot/bust: $150)
8.5"x11" B&W w/ GRAYSCALE: $75 (or headshot/bust: $40)
11"x17" B&W w/ GRAYSCALE: $150 (or headshot/bust: $80)

When you get a pencil & ink/marker commission piece, you will receive an original drawing created with pencil, brush pen and markers, on a sheet of cardstock. I have colored paper, too (8.5"x11" size only) - so those of you getting B&W pieces, if you want it drawn on a color sheet instead of plain white, let me know. For example, you could get a B&W Yoda on a green sheet of paper, and it would almost be like getting it in color! ;)



Single-Character Sketch Cards

$50

When you get a sketch card commission, you get an original full-color marker & ink drawing on one of my 2.5"x3.5" personal sketch card trading card stock, OR if you want a Star Wars character, you have the option of getting it done on an official sketch card from Star Wars Fan Days II or III (the FDII stock has the silver frame, like the old figure packages). Just let me know which stock you prefer when you place your order. Please note that all sketch cards are done as headshots/busts -- no full figures or poses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ordering a Commission:

You can send me Paypal (send to grantgoboom@gmail.com) or you can snail mail a personal check (in which case, just email me and I'll give you the necessary info). If you send Paypal, make sure you include the needed info, as well as your mailing address, and write "COMMISSION" in the subject line.

There's no need to add extra for shipping if you're in the U.S. If you're outside the U.S., please add an additional $10 for shipping ($5 if your order is all sketch cards).

As soon as your commission has been paid for and I have your info, I will add your piece to my commission list. As for turn-around times, your commission will be mailed by no later than 60 days after you've sent your money and placed your order. I'm starting fresh as of October 2010, so this will be my new rule of thumb on new orders. And if for some reason your piece takes longer than 60 days and you'd like a refund, just let me know and I'll refund your money. (Refunds will not be given for any other reason.) I definitely try to get to commissions as soon as possible, but often times they need to get temporarily bumped for other projects (I can't say no to Lucasfilm), life gets in the way, etc., so I need to give myself a little bit of a window to be able to tackle them in due time. If there's a RUSH on your commission --for example, you need it within two weeks-- shoot me an email and explain the situation. Generally I will offer a Rush Commission Rate, which can be anywhere from an extra $50 to $200, depending on the piece and timeframe.

Please note that I have the right to turn down any commission, be it for reasons of subject matter or just me being too dang busy. If that's the case, I will refund your order immediately and send you an email saying that I had to pass on it. Please don't be offended if that's the case.

If you have any other questions or inquiries (for example, you want multiple characters on one piece, a detailed background, etc.), feel free to ask and I will happily give you a price quote -- contact me at grantgoboom@gmail.com.

Thanks, everyone!
:)

UPDATE: My commission list may be full. Please shoot me an email at grantgoboom@gmail.com to see if I have any spots open currently before sending payment. Also, please be aware that my commission prices change over time -- the info listed above was for 2010. Thanks!