February 1, 2011

"Wolves of Odin" (Non-)Update



It's been about 6 months since my last WoO update, so here's the scoop on where I'm at. My goal was to have it done by end of winter so that it could hopefully be printed by summer/San Diego Comic-Con, but... yeah, that's just not happening. I've been too busy with Lucasfilm work and Topps cards and commissions and whatever else. I haven't been able to carve out the time.

The good news is: I've written the story, the outline's all set. It's just a matter of drawing the thing.

Awhile back I asked my pal Matt Goodmanson if he'd be interested in drawing it. We've been collaborating on nerdy little fantasy projects (that never seem to see the light of day) for years, and I absolutely love his style, and I thought he'd be an awesome fit. Here's a sample page that he did:



Unfortunately, time is the enemy. Matt has a little kid and is a busy man, and it was just hard to get anything rolling.

So who knows... At this point I can't map out when exactly a new "Wolves of Odin" book will be coming out. I can't for sure say if I'll be drawing it when it does. I mean, if Matt suddenly finds a big chunk of free time and is willing to illustrate the book, I would be all over that! (Or if someone else out there really wants to draw it and submits some art to me and I'm blown away by it, and they understand that there's no pay involved, well, I'd certainly have an open mind to that.) So it's all up in the air.

I wish I had more solid news for you, folks, but that's where we're at. WoO2 is in limbo. Personal projects have to take a backseat to jobs that pay the bills. As always, I'll keep you posted if/when anything changes.

~~~
By the way, if you're reading all this and wondering, What the heck is 'Wolves of Odin'? -- it's a graphic novella I wrote and drew back in 2008, published by SRG, and you can order it over at wolvesofodin.com