July 26, 2011

Back from San Diego



THANK YOU to everyone who came out to Comic-Con! It was such a fun show, and it was great meeting new people and seeing old friends. I won't go too in-depth here, because (a) I'm too tired to write about everything I saw and did, and (b) I spent most of the show at my table anyway. But here's a quick glimpse at my time in the land of perfect weather --



Some of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars/StarWars.com gang: (L to R) Daniel Falconer, Jeff Carlisle, me, Pablo Hidalgo, and Katie Cook. This was my first time meeting Daniel in person, he's a great guy -- in addition to knowing him thru the Star Wars stuff, I'm also a big fan of his LOTR/Weta work, so I'm glad we finally got to meet.



I always like to give my latest Ahsoka print to the talented and awesome Ashley Eckstein (voice of Ahsoka in the Clone Wars & founder of Her Universe girls' clothing line). It was fun to talk to her for a few minutes -- seemed like the Her Universe booth was crazy busy throughout the show (new BSG stuff!). :)



Me and my friend Nessa (facebook.com/nessamau), who I met several years ago because she was sporting a kick-butt Starbuck costume and I had to get a picture of her. So Nessa was working with HBO at Comic-Con and she basically said to me, "Hey, if you want me to try and give a couple of your 'Game of Thrones' prints to the actors, I might be able to do that." And on top of that, she said, "And if you let me take your camera with me tonight, I can take a few photos."

So needless to say, these pics below are the result of that -- and Nessa rocks. I mean, I did make it into the "Game of Thrones" panel and that was insanely cool. But seeing the actors holding my artwork (and they signed some prints for me too) was really awesome. So thank you, Nessa!!! And - holy crap - I'm glad I had a camera on me. :)



Nessa and the amazingly stunningly cute Emilia Clarke, aka Daenerys Targaryen.



Emilia holding up my signed Dany print.



Kit Harington, aka Jon Snow, holding up my Jon & Ghost print. Nessa says he was totally blown away by it, which is so cool and flattering. :) (Sorry for the glare!)



Some more shots of Nessa with various cast members: Lena Headey (Cersei), Jason Momoa (Drogo), Kit Harington (Jon), Peter Dinklage (Tyrion). From everything I heard (and from everything I saw at the GoT panel), the actors were all incredibly nice and funny and cool with fans.



And a parting shot -- Nessa with Jason Momoa and the "Game of Thrones" showrunners, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.



I printed up some Fangtasia VIP cards and gave one to actress Deborah Ann Woll, who plays Jessica on "True Blood." Any excuse to get her picture, right?



Last but definitely not least, I gotta say thanks to my wonderful booth babe assistant, my fiancé Gina. It was her first time going to SDCC and she dealt with it like a champ. :) (Thanks to Chris Gereke for the left photo.) And thanks to our roomie Uko Smith for putting up with us for almost a week.

That's all I got! Now to try and catch up on some sleep, and emails... and work work work.