July 7, 2011

The SDCC Scoop



San Diego Comic-Con is less than two weeks away! (Yikes!) :) Figured I'd better post some info. I will be at Artists' Alley table GG-02, sitting between two of my bestest artist gal pals, Katie Cook & Cat Staggs.

The map below gives you an idea of where we'll be -- the blue area on the far left is Artists' Alley. Click here for a bigger version of the map, full list of artists, etc.



What will I be selling at my table?
I'll have copies of my 2011 sketchbook, my exclusive San Diego sketchbook, and my 160-page Sketchbook Collection: Volume 1, which gathers the past 4 years of sketchbooks into one awesome paperback. (Prices: 2011 sketchbook $20, Collection Vol. 1 $40.) I'll also have a variety of 11"x17" art prints for $20 each (buy 2, get a 3rd FREE), and I'm hoping to have some other really cool goodies (badges, bookmarks, etc.) ranging around $5-$10.

Will I be doing sketches?
Yep, I'll be doing $20 head sketches throughout the show (here's an example). I can't guarantee how many I'll get to each day, as San Diego is cuh-rayyzay. If you want to make sure you get on my sketch list, I'd recommend coming to my table ASAP. Or, if you want, you can Paypal me $20 right now (send to grantgoboom@gmail.com and write "SDCC Sketch Reserve") and I'll get your name on the list and mark you down as "paid," should be able to have it ready to pick up by Friday the 22nd.

If you're looking for something more detailed, like a full-body, posed shot, I may be able to take on a few sketches like that. It'll all depend on how busy things are, how backed up my list is, etc. Just head over to my table, tell me what you're interested in, and I'll tell you if I think I can squeeze it in and how much it would be (expect a $50-$100 range). Color sketches won't be an option -- I'm only bringing pencils, inks & a few greyscale markers.

Okay, that's all I can think of. If you have any questions for me, feel free to email: grantgoboom@gmail.com. Oh, and if you're picking something up from me at the show and HAVEN'T gotten an email from me in the last week or so, PLEASE email me. I may need a reminder. This month is crazy-busy and I'd hate to forget to bring something or blank on a sketch, etc.

Thanks, everyone! Looking forward to sunny San Diego insanity. :)