April 25, 2012

C2E2 Sketches & Misc.

Sorry it's taken me so long to post about C2E2 -- It was a great show! :) Thank you to everyone who stopped by. I always love being in Chicago.

Here are a few of the marker pieces I did for the show. Just click on each thumb-strip to see the full image --

Lisbeth Salander from Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Venkman from Ghostbusters

Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim

This one was an 11"x17" digitally-colored Jennifer Lawrence mash-up (done before the show): Mystique from X-Men 1st Class morphing into Katniss from Hunger Games

And Buffy the Vampire Slayer... for a special proposal

This guy named Matthew contacted me before the show and had me draw a marker piece of Buffy for his girlfriend, but he had secret plans to propose to her right then and there at C2E2! So after he gave her the piece and she read the word bubbles, he dropped to one knee and popped the question. She said YES! :) So huge congrats to Matthew and Lisa. I wish them much happiness!

Last but not least, here are a few of the many great costumes that I saw. Dany from "Game of Thrones" and Jack Burton from Big Trouble in Little China

And DRAGONBORN WARRIOR from Skyrim, the greatest videogame of all tiiiime!

I wanna see tons of Skyrim costumes at San Diego Comic-Con this year, people. If I see a good Aela costume, I might have to cry.
:)